Directed by Nathan Large
Here is Rydell High’s senior class of 1959: duck-tailed, hot-rodding “Burger Palace Boys” and their gum-snapping, hip-shaking “Pink Ladies” in bobby sox and pedal pushers, evoking the look and sound of the 1950’s in this rollicking musical.
With all the classic songs and characters that the whole family can enjoy!!!
Wow is inviting everyone to audition!
AUDITIONS CAN BE BOOKED FOR THE 11TH AND 12TH OF OCTOBER 2018 BY EMAILING email@example.com
To become a member or enrol as a student at WOW P.A.A simply go to our website wowperformingartsacademy.com and join or enrol TODAY!
We are located at 2/34 Bluett Drive, Smeaton Grange NSW, 2567
- DANNY ZUKO – (13+, strong singer, good Falsetto) The leader of the Burger Palace Boys; good-looking, strong and confident, with an air of easy-going charm.
- SANDY DUMBROWSKI – (13+, Soprano/A-D) New girl in town; sweet, wholesome, naive, cute, and innocent.
- BETTY RIZZO – (13+, Mezz/A-C) Leader of the Pink Ladies; tough, sarcastic and outspoken but vulnerable.
- FRENCHY – (13+, Soprano) A dreamer; good-natured but not too smart, she is heavily made up, fussy about her appearance, particularly her hair. She can’t wait to finish high school so she can be a beautician.
- MARTY – (13+, Alto) The ‘beauty’ of the Pink Ladies; pretty and looks older than the other girls, but betrays her real age when she opens her mouth. She tries to act sophisticated.
- JAN– (13+, Mezz/Bb-Bb) Funny, loud, compulsive eater and awkward member of the Pink Ladies. Loud and pushy with the girls, but shy with the boys.
- DOODY – (13+, Strong singer, good Falsetto) The youngest of the guys; small, boyish and open, with a disarming smile and a hero-worshiping attitude towards the other guys. He also plays the guitar.
- KENICKIE – (13+, Baritone) The second in command of the Burger Palace Boys; tough-looking, tattooed, surly and avoids any show of softness. He has an offbeat sense of humour.
- SONNY LaTIERRI – (12+, Bari-Tenor) A member of the Burger Palace Boys; funny Italian-American, he is a braggart and wheeler-dealer who thinks he’s a real lady-killer.
- ROGER – (12+, strong singer) The anything-for-a-laugh stocky type of boy; a clown who enjoys winding people up, he is full of mischief and is always dreaming up half-baked schemes and ideas.
- VINCE FONTAINE – (18+) A typical ‘teen audience’ disc jockey; slick, egotistical and fast-talking. He is also a veteran ‘Greaser.’
- CHA-CHA, a.k.a. Charlene DiGregorio – (12+, Soprano) The best dancer at St. Bernadette’s; a loud mouth, she wins the dancing competition with Danny.
- EUGENE FLORCZYK – (12+, Bari-Tenor) The class valedictorian; physically awkward, with weak eyes and a high-pitched voice. He’s a typical ‘apple-polisher’ – both smug and pompous, but gullible.
- JOHNNY CASINO – (12+, strong singer, good Falsetto) All-American, rock-star “greaser” student at Rydell High, whose real name is Clarence.
- MISS LYNCH – (20+) A no-nonsense, serious, loud, English teacher.
- PATTY SIMCOX – (12+, Mezzo) A typical cheerleader; attractive, athletic, sure-of-herself, but can be given to bursts of disconcerting enthusiasm. She’s a bit of a pain and unpopular with the Pink Ladies and can twirl a baton.
- TEEN ANGEL – (18+ Strong singer, Tenor/E-B, Good Falsetto)
- THE PINK LADIES – (10+, Sop-Alto) The club-jacketed, gum-chewing, hip-swinging girls’ gang who hang around with the Burger Palace Boys.
- THE BURGER PALACE BOYS – (10+, Bari-Tenor) A super-cool, DA-haired, hard-looking group of high school wheeler-dealers… or so they think.
APRIL 5TH & 6th 2019 Camden Civic Centre
Book, Music and Lyrics By
JIM JACOBS and WARREN CASEY
BY ARRANGEMENT WITH ORiGiN™ THEATRICAL