by Noel Coward
Director: Karen Wakeham
- Sunday 18 February 2018from 1:00pm
- Monday 19 February 2018from 7:00 pm
Heidelberg Theatre Company, 36 Turnham Ave Rosanna VIC
July 6 – July 21, 2018
Weeknights and Saturdays at 8:00pm; Sunday matinees at 2:00pm
Note: The final Saturday, July 21 has two performances: at 2:00 pm and at 8:00 pm
This crisp and elegant comedy from the pen of the Master, the inimitable Noel Coward, concerns the tempestuous relationship of Elyot and Amanda Chase. Having divorced, each has recently found a new love: Elyot has married Sybil, Amanda, Victor. A honeymoon for each couple in adjacent hotel suites brings Elyot and Amanda together again, and Victor and Sybil find themselves alone as their new spouses run away together. They – Victor and Sybil – pursue the miscreants to Paris.
- Sybil Chase: 23, very pretty (described as ‘blonde’, however hair colour negotiable). She is so conventional as to appear silly at times. Affectionate, a very ‘nice’ upper middle-class young Englishwoman. Loves and is married to Elyot.
- Elyot Chase: Quick, irreverent, witty and urbane man-of the -world; his apparent cynicism fails to mask an emotional nature. Married to Sybil. (*Note: This role has been cast.)
- Victor Prynne: Handsome but can be conventional to the point of stuffiness. A very manly English gentleman. Loves and is married to Amanda.
- Amanda Prynne: Beautiful, sophisticated, unconventional and spirited, Amanda’s emotional nature fuels a wild streak in her nature. Married to Victor. (*Note: This role has been cast.)
- Louise: Any age. Amanda’s housemaid, a French-speaking servant with a mind of her own. A wonderful cameo for a comic actor
- Location: to be advised with audition confirmation
- Accents – English accents required for all roles except Louise.
- Scripts – Contact the director for details
- AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT: For audition appointment, or for other queries, contact the Director at this email@example.com
- Private Lives show page at HTC:http://htc.org.au
- Performance dates/times:8.00 pmon Jul 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21; 2.00 pm on Feb 8, 15, 21.
- Day of last performanceJul 21has two shows, at 2.00 pm and 8.00 pm
- NOTE: Due to level-crossing-removal works at Rosanna Station, parking adjacent to the theatre is limited. Off-street parking behind Rosanna Library can be accessed via Douglas Street.