by Susan Sandler
Director: Llaaneath Poor
• Sunday 19 November 2017 from 7:30pm
• Monday 20 November 2017 from 7:30 pm
February 16 – March 3, 2018
Weeknights and Saturdays at 8:00pm; Sunday matinees at 2:00pm
Note: The final Saturday, March 3 has two performances: at 2:00 pm and at 8:00 pm
Thirty-something Izzy Grossman lives alone on the West Side of Manhattan, has a job at a prestigious independent bookstore, plenty of friends, and a handsome local author to dream about. None of this matters to her Bubbie, a strong-minded, fiercely loving, traditional Jewish grandmother, who worries about her living alone. She decides to take matters into her own hands and along with her friend the matchmaker, set out to find a good catch for Izzy.
Crossing Delancey is a charming and heartfelt story exploring the bonds of family and tradition; the culture clash of old East Side and new West Side; and the romantic benefits of a new hat.
• BUBBIE (60-70s): a feisty, sharp-witted woman who immigrated to the United States as a young girl and has lived ever since in the shrinking community of New York City known as the lower east side.
• ISABELLE (30-40s): “Izzy” Grossman, her granddaughter, a bookish dreamer.
• HANNAH (50-70s): a professional matchmaker, a wheeler-dealer, and friend of Bubbie’s.
• TYLER (30-40s): a well-known writer of fiction, handsome, exceedingly charming and self-involved.
• SAM (30-40s): a pickleman and a poet, an inhabitant of the lower east side, gentle, intuitive, appealing, and very wise for his years.
• Location: 36 Turnham Ave, Rosanna, Vic
• Accents – American (New York/Jewish) accents required.
• Scripts – Contact the director for details
• AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT: For audition appointment, or for other queries, contact Llaaneath Poor at this email email@example.com
• Auditionees, please bring a recent headshot.
• Crossing Delancey at HTC: http://htc.org.au
• Performance dates/times: 8.00 pm on Feb 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28 & Mar 1, 2, 3. 2.00 pm on Feb 18, 25 & Mar 3.
• Day of last performance Mar 3 has two shows, at 2.00 pm and 8.00 pm
• NOTE: Due to level-crossing-removal works at Rosanna Station, parking adjacent to the theatre is limited. Off-street parking behind Rosanna Library can be accessed via Douglas Street.
Type of production
Company Name and Suburb
Heidelberg Theatre Company, Rosanna