The Basin Theatre
We will be holding auditions for our production of BOEING, BOEING By Marc Camoletti on:
- Sunday March 10th @ 7pm
- Doongalla Road and Simpsons Road, The Basin, 3154 Melbourne (Melway Reference 66 – A6)
Actors will cold read scenes from the provided script. Actors must notify the production team at the time of audition of any conflicts the actor may have with rehearsal time through to the performances. No other preparation is necessary.
Rehearsals will begin June 9th
Season Performances will be August 9th – 31st 2019
Synopsis & Roles
Revived on Broadway in 2007 in a Tony-winning production, this 1960’s French farce (adapted for the English-speaking stage) features self-styled Parisian lothario Bernard (an American), who has Italian, German, and American fiancées, each beautiful airline hostesses with frequent “layovers.” He keeps “one up, one down, and one pending” until unexpected schedule changes bring all three to Paris, and Bernard’s apartment, at the same time.
- BERNARD 30’s– 40’s………… (male) an American bachelor living in Paris
- ROBERT 30’s – 40’s……….…..(male) an American friend of Bernard’s
- GLORIA – 20’s – 30’s……….….(female) an American air hostess
- GABRIELLA-20’s-30’s….……..(female) an Italian air hostess
- GRETCHEN– 20’s – 30’s………..(female) a German air hostess
- BERTHE 50’s – 60’s……………..(female) Bernard’s French housekeeper
Age range is mid 20s through 30s for air hostesses, 30s to early 40s for men; Berthe can be older.
Please contact the Director: Pip Le blond
0400 350 792