Heidelberg Theatre Company audition for ‘Australia Day’ by Jonathan Biggins
Director: Joan Moriarty
17-Feb-2017 to 04-Mar-2017
Audition and Performance location:
36 Turnham Ave, Rosanna, Vic (opp. Rosanna Railway Stn.)
Australia Day celebrations are an important event in the small country town of Coriole. The organising committee of six members discuss, argue and fight over what will be on the program. The big day finally arrives, and with it, hilarity and disaster in equal measures. The portaloos overflow, the sausages are past their use-by date and the heavens open.
Come along and enjoy these crazy characters and the mayhem they create.
Summary: 4 Males(30-60, 1x20s), 2 Females(30-60)
• BRIAN HARRIGAN: Brian is the Mayor of Coriole Shire and preselection candidate for the Liberal Party. He chairs the Australia Day Organising Committee; is a small business owner and Rotarian. Mixes self-interest with public good.
• ROBERT WILSON: Robert is the Deputy Mayor of Coriole Shire and loyal Deputy Chair of the Australia Day Organisation Committee. Dutiful, pedantic.
• MAREE BUCKNELL. Maree is the President of the local Country Women’s Association and a long-serving member of the committee. The CWA swalwart, a homely type.
• WALLY STEWART. Wally is a local builder and small scale developer. He is also a long-serving member of the organising committee. Ocker, bigoted, bit of a dinosaur.
• HELEN MCINNESS. Helen is the local Greens councillor. She is a relatively new arrival to the shire from the state capital, and is new to the committee. Do-gooder, calculating, ambitious.
• CHESTER LEE. Chester is a newly-arrived Australian-born Vietnamese primary school teacher. He is very new to the organising committee. The joker of the piece.
• Auditions by appointment. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Performance dates/times: 8.00 pm on Feb 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, Mar 1, 2, 3, 4. 2.00 pm on Feb 19 & 26 and Mar 4
• Day of last performance Mar 4 has 2 shows: 2.00 pm and 8.00 pm
Type of production
Company Name and Suburb